Hindustan FC started the final round of the I-League second Division on a winning note when it edged favourite TRAU FC 1-0 at the FSV Arena in Bengaluru.
In a match where TRAU dominated proceedings, it was stunned by a second half half stoppage time goal from Hindustan substitute Tushar Chaudhary.
Despite the dominance, opportunities were few and far between for TRAU in the opening half.
Just before the half-time, TRAU forward Princewill Emeka caused some panic in the Hindustan FC box, but his crosses were wasted by Reisangmei Vashum and Angousana Luwang as the two teams went into the break deadlocked at 0-0.
Hindustan, though, came close to scoring in the 57th minute when Nikhil Gehlot broke through on goal, but he was denied in a one-on-one with goalkeeper Tajuddin.
TRAU endeavour in attack were thwarted by a stern Hindustan defense marshalled by Amestrong Alexandre and skipper Pushpender Kundu.
In the end, an inspired substitution from Hindustan coach Vikrant Sharma sealed the victory, as Chaudhary kept his cool and nudged home the winner with less than four minutes to play.
The next set of the final round matches will take place on May 27 at the same venue. Hindustan will take on Ozone FC while TRAU will hope to get something from its game against Real Kashmir FC.
Latest on Sportstar
- Heat vs Nuggets Live Score, Game 2: MIA 83-85 DEN; Denver, Miami head for close finish - NBA Finals updates
- Denver Nuggets vs Miami Heat LIVE Streaming Info: When and where to watch the NBA Finals Game 2?
- Sabalenka makes French Open last eight for first time
- Tsitsipas blasts past Ofner to make French Open quarter-finals
- Duplantis sets new 2023 pole vault best