Midfielder Levis Zangminlun and forward Aiborlang Kharthangmaw of Sreenidi Deccan FC have been selected to play for the India under-16 national football team in the forthcoming SAAF Championship to be held in Bhutan from September 1 to 10.
Levis and Aiborlang were part of a training camp which began in Srinagar in July with over 50 probables picked up after extensive scouting in five zones across the country from which the final list of 23 was chosen by India U-16 head coach Ishfaq Ahmed.
“This is a testament not only to the exceptional talent and dedication of Levis and Aiborlang but also to the outstanding work done by Sreenidi Deccan FC and Sreenidhi Sports Academy. Sreenidhi Educational Group’s commitment to nurturing young talent and elevating the standards of youth football in India and Telangana deserves the highest praise,” K.T. Mahhe, chairman of Sreenidhi Educational Group, said.
“We are proud of the direction that our football club is taking and hope to further strengthen Telangana football and contribute to the development of football in India in the years to come,” he added.
- World’s largest cricket museum awaits cricketers and fans ahead of World Cup return to Pune
- NZ vs AFG, ICC World Cup 2023: New Zealand thrashes high-flying Afghanistan by 149 runs to maintain unbeaten streak
- US Grand Prix 2023: Ricciardo confirms return from injury
- IND vs BAN, World Cup 2023: Bangladesh coach Hathurasingha not ruling out injured Shakib ahead of India clash
- World Cup 2023 most wickets after NZ vs AFG: Santner leads race; Bumrah third