Inter Milan has acquired the exclusive rights for a feasibility study to build a new stadium in Rozzano, a suburb of Milan, two real estate firms said in a statement on Friday.
Inter will own the rights until April 30, 2024, said Italian real estate group Brioschi and holding Bastogi , which together own the land through their participation in a company called Infrafin.
At present Inter and its city rival AC Milan both play their home games at Milan’s famous San Siro stadium, built in 1926 and repeatedly renovated.
However, in recent years, both teams have been looking at alternatives.
According to BBC, the Nerazzuri first started talking about the possibility of leaving the San Siro eight years ago
- MI vs DC Live Score, WPL 2024: Last-ball six from Sajana clinches thriller for Mumbai Indians
- Dubai Championships 2024: Qualifier Kalinskaya upsets World No. 1 Swiatek, faces Paolini in final
- ISL 2023-24: Bipin grabs brace as Mumbai City cruises to win against Chennaiyin
- Manchester United to play Arsenal in one of FIFA World Cup 2026 venues during pre-season
- Mike Tyson, Francis Ngannou set for Professional Fighters League debut in Saudi Arabia