The defending champion United States will play Mexico in the semifinals of the CONCACAF Nations League on June 15 in Las Vegas.
The winner advances to the final against Canada or Panama on June 18, also in Las Vegas, the regional governing body said Wednesday.
The 13th-ranked U.S. also plays 15th-ranked Mexico in an exhibition on April 19 at Glendale, Arizona. That match is not on a FIFA fixture date, and neither team figures to have most of its Europe-based players.
The U.S. beat Mexico 2-0 at Cincinnati and drew 0-0 at Mexico City during World Cup qualifying. The Americans defeated El Tri 3-2 in extra time in the 2021 Nations League final at Denver and won 1-0 in that year’s CONCACAF Gold Cup final at Las Vegas.
Latest on Sportstar
- Sinner dumped out of French Open Round 2 by world no. 79 Altmaier in 5-hour 26-minute epic
- India vs Pakistan Live Score, Final: IND 2-0 PAK; India leads at half-time - Junior Asia Cup updates
- German federation mourns teenager’s death after youth tournament
- Swiatek defeats Liu, reaches French Open third round
- Indian sports news wrap, June 1