Two NorthEast United players had tested positive for COVID-19 ahead of Saturday's clash against Mumbai City FC in the Indian Super League.
The players are quarantining at a different hotel but participating in team fitness sessions over video calls. Other players and support staff took the COVID test and fortunately, it returned negative.
However, the COVID scare isn't stopping the club from training ahead of their ISL opener.
It is still not clear how the players caught the coronavirus infection as the club has been maintaining all safety precautions and guidelines. The team bus is exclusive for the players, and even the drivers are part of the bio-bubble.
- NBA roundup: LeBron James, Lakers rally with big 4th quarter to stun Clippers 116-112
- NZ vs AUS: Green century steers Australia to 279-9 in first New Zealand Test
- Steve Smith pushes for rule reform, urges intervention on leg-side bouncers
- Sainz has no hard feelings over Hamilton’s Ferrari move
- WPL 2024: Bengaluru welcomes new Women’s Premier League season with restrained eagerness