Indian Super League side Kerala Blasters FC announced Indian cricketer Sanju Samson as its new Brand Ambassador, on Monday.
Sanju, a dynamic and prominent cricketer from Kerala and the captain of the Indian Premier League (IPL) team Rajasthan Royals, will represent the club and its values on and off the field.
He is an inspiration to many young sportsmen and women in Kerala, and his appointment as the brand ambassador of Kerala Blasters will further boost his impact.
Sanju expressed his excitement at the appointment and said, “As my father was a professional football player, football has always been a sport close to my heart. I am honoured to be the brand ambassador of Kerala Blasters FC.
The club has done so much since its inception to bring back the glory of football to this state. In the process, they have built and cultivated one of the most loyal fanbases in the country. I can’t wait to watch a match at the Kaloor stadium with the fans and support the team.”
Sanju is expected to make his first appearance as the brand ambassador on February 26, when the club faces Hyderabad FC in its last game of the season.
“Sanju is a national icon, and we are thrilled to welcome him to the KBFC family. In this ambassadorial role, we look forward to working with Sanju to amplify the club’s grassroots & community initiatives, fan events, and share his passion for the club and game,” said Nikhil Bharadwaj, Director, Kerala Blasters FC.
- FIH Hockey Olympic Qualifiers: Indian women’s team to face New Zealand, USA and Italy in Pool B
- How Afghanistan’s rapid ascent in 2023 ODI World Cup came to be: A behind-the-scenes look
- James Hillier: Realistic target for Paris 2024 is to get as many athletes into the final as possible
- The drama of Maxwell’s 201: Prevents hat-trick, survives LBW scare, dropped chance on way to one of ODI World Cup’s greatest centuries
- UEFA Champions League 2023: Sparkling Rafeael Leao hailed by Milan coach Pioli