Barcelona's floundering attack was given a much-needed boost on Monday, as forwards Ousmane Dembele and Sergio Aguero returned to training following long injury layoffs.
Dembele made his first appearance in team training since undergoing surgery in June after injuring his right knee during France's Euro 2020 game with Hungary.
Aguero, who joined Barca as a free agent in the close season after a decade with Manchester City and is yet to make his debut for the club, returned to training for the first time since injuring his calf in a pre-season session on Aug. 8.
Both players participated in a section of the training session, according to Barca's official Twitter account, but still, need to be given the medical all-clear before they can be made available for selection by coach Ronald Koeman.
The Catalans host Valencia on Sunday in LaLiga, looking to kick-start their campaign after winning one of their last six games in all competitions, failing to score in four of them.
They then host Dynamo Kyiv in the Champions League on Oct. 20 after losing their first two group games for the first time, while the following Sunday they play at home to rivals Real Madrid, who are top of LaLiga.
- IND vs AUS live score 3rd ODI: Australia opts to bat; No Ashwin, Ishan in India playing XI
- Shooting LIVE SCORE Asian Games 2023: Anant in action in men’s skeet final; Sift wins gold with WR, Ashi bronze in 50m rifle 3P; Esha wins 25m women’s pistol silver; India wins 25m women’s pistol team gold- Hangzhou 2022 updates
- Table Tennis LIVE Score, Asian Games 2023: India Men’s Doubles Round of 64, Mixed Doubles R-32 updates; Match starts at 1:30pm
- Asian Games 2023, September 27 Live Updates from Hangzhou 2022: Esha Singh bags silver in 25m pistol, Samra wins 50m rifle 3p gold with new WR; India beats Singapore 13-0 in hockey, tennis results
- Asian Games 2023: Esha Singh bags silver in 25m pistol women’s final, Manu Bhaker finishes fifth