Real Sociedad signed Arsenal left-back Kieran Tierney on loan for the season on Sunday.
The 26-year-old Scotland international joined the Gunners from Celtic in 2019 but fell out of favour behind Oleksandr Zinchenko and new signing Jurrien Timber -- who is now injured.
“Playing in the Champions League is an incentive for any footballer,” Tierney told Real Sociedad TV.
“(Playing in La Liga) is a change for me, but I was looking forward to it. I’m passionate about challenges and I’m thrilled to be here.”
- It is an outcome of teamwork, says Savita after the FIH Women’s Goalkeeper of the Year Award 2023 nomination
- Pat Cummins relishes reaching ‘pinnacle of international cricket’ as Australia crowned ICC World Cup for sixth time
- IND vs AUS: Let the dust settle first for reflection, says Dravid after India loses ICC World Cup 2023 final
- Belgium’s Tedesco ends first year in charge with target achieved
- Midfielder Rice felt ‘nervous’ over record Arsenal transfer