Liverpool has been charged by the Football Association with failing to control its players during Saturday’s 4-1 defeat at Manchester City.
Several Liverpool players crowded around referee Simon Hooper as they pleaded for him to show City midfielder Rodri a second yellow card for a challenge on Cody Gakpo.
“Liverpool FC has been charged after its players surrounded a match official during the 34th minute of their Premier League game against Manchester City FC,” the FA said in a statement on Thursday.
“It’s alleged that Liverpool FC failed to ensure its players conducted themselves in an orderly fashion and/or do not behave in a way which is improper.”
Liverpool has until April 12 to respond to the charges. It is in eighth place in the league table and next hosts leader Arsenal on Sunday.
- Ronaldo finds the net as Al Nassr cruises to 3-1 win against Al Wehda in Saudi Pro League
- Al Wehda vs Al Nassr highlights, WEH 1-3 NAS, Saudi Pro League: Ronaldo, Alamri, Telles goals guide Nassr to win
- ATP Finals 2023: From Djokovic to Alcaraz, meet the eight finalists
- Ghana striker Raphael Dwamena dies at 28 after suffering a cardiac arrest mid-game
- IND vs NED, World Cup 2023: The sounds of watching Shubman Gill bat