Mason Mount will miss Manchester United’s Premier League games against Nottingham Forest and Arsenal after suffering a “small” injury, the club said on Tuesday.
United revealed that Mount had sustained a “small complaint” during Saturday’s 2-0 defeat at Tottenham. The England midfielder is expected to be “out until the international break next month”, United said.
Mount moved to Old Trafford from Chelsea in the close-season for £60 million ($76 million). After winning the Champions League in 2021, Mount struggled to find his peak form towards the end of his Chelsea career.
He also delivered below-par performances in both of United’s Premier League games this season, raising concerns about how he would fit into boss Erik ten Hag’s plans.
Mount is not the only United close-season signing to be hit with injury issues already this term.
Danish striker Rasmus Hojlund, signed from Serie A Atalanta, has not featured for United due to a back injury.
Ten Hag’s men host Forest at Old Trafford on Saturday before travelling to Arsenal the following weekend in their final fixture before the international break.
- Czech Republic beats defending champion Switzerland in group stage of BJK Cup Finals in Spain
- The drama of Maxwell’s 201: Prevents hat-trick, survives LBW scare, dropped chance on way to one of ODI World Cup’s greatest centuries
- Manchester United midfielder Casemiro unlikely to play before Christmas after hamstring injury
- AC Milan scores its first goals in UCL group to beat PSG 2-1; Porto beats Antwerp
- Griezmann and Morata lead Atletico rout of Celtic; Immobile leads Lazio to 1-0 win