Lionel Messi will play his last game for Paris Saint-Germain in its last league match against Clermont Foot after coach Christophe Galtier confirmed that the Argentine will leave the club in the summer.
Having spent two seasons with the club, Messi has won two Ligue 1 titles and one Trophee des Champions with the Paris club.
The Argentine had a slow start to his PSG career, with a disappointing first season at PSG, where he scored just 11 goals and bagged 15 assists in 34 appearances for the club. However, his second season has been considerably better. He has 21 goals and 20 assists in 40 appearances for the club.
“I had the privilege of coaching the best player in the history of football,” Galtier said on Messi’s decision to leave. “This will be his last match at the Parc des Princes, and I hope that he will receive the warmest of welcomes.”
Veteran defender and Messi’s PSG teammate Sergio Ramos also confirmed on Friday that he will also exit the club in the summer.
- World Athletics Championships 2023 LIVE updates, Day 5: India’s Annu Rani, Sreeshankar, Aldrin in qualification action; latest results
- IND vs IRE Dream11 Prediction, 3rd T20I: India vs Ireland Playing 11 updates, fantasy picks, squads, live streaming info
- World Athletics Championships: As he arrives in Budapest, Neeraj Chopra gets his game face on
- Heath Streak on rumours of his demise: People should be a bit more careful
- Women’s World Cup 2023 final most watched match in US that did not include American team