Odisha FC on Wednesday completed the transfer of Indian Super League-winning Mohun Bagan midfielder Lalthathanga Khawlhring ‘Puitea’ on a three-year deal, for a club-record transfer fee.
The Mizoram-born midfielder kickstarted his career with Bethlehem Vengthlam before securing a move to the DSK Shivajians Academy.
Puitea was awarded the “Best Midfielder” in the Mizoram Premier League for the 2015-16 season.
In 2017, Northeast United FC secured his services on a three-year deal but was loaned out to Aizawl FC for the entirety of the season.
Puitea quickly became a mainstay for Aizawl as he finished the season with a goal to his name.
Eventually, he returned to the Highlanders the following season and debuted against the Gaurs. Puitea made a total of 29 appearances for NEUFC.
A move to Kerala Blasters was on the cards for Puitea where he inked a three-year deal with the club.
He made his debut and announced himself by scoring his first ISL goal against Bengaluru FC after coming on as a substitute in the 46th minute.
The midfielder was pivotal for the Blasters reaching the ISL final, forming a solid partnership with Jeakson Singh.
Puitea joins the Kalinga Warriors on the back of winning the ISL 2022-23 with ATK Mohun Bagan (now Mohun Bagan Super Giant) beating BFC in the finals.
- Inter Miami vs LA Galaxy LIVE score, MLS updates: Messi scores late to equalise; LA 1-1 MIA
- India vs England Live Score, 4th Test: IND 40/0, needs 152 runs more to win; Rohit, Jaiswal at the crease
- Ranji Trophy Live Score Quarterfinal Day 4 updates: Andhra on track for win vs MP; Mumbai takes lead vs Baroda
- Argentina’s Baez wins Rio Open title as players ask for more top tournaments in South America
- Ligue 1: PSG’s Ramos replaces Mbappe and nets late equaliser against Rennes