Kylian Mbappe's search for a "new project" away from Paris Saint-Germain appears to be gathering steam.
The PSG superstar, 20, enjoyed another standout season for the Ligue 1 champion, scoring 39 goals in 43 games in all competitions.
But the France international drew attention to his future last month when he hinted at a move away from Paris. Reports from Spain now suggest Mbappe may have taken a step closer to the Real Madrid switch he has continually been linked with.
TOP STORY – MBAPPE HANDS IN TRANSFER REQUEST
Mbappe wants out from PSG after handing in a transfer request, according to Spanish TV channel El Chiringuito .
Real Madrid has been the most heavily linked with a move for the forward, particularly since France great Zinedine Zidane returned to the helm. But it seems Madrid has given up on trying to sign Mbappe's team-mate Neymar , ruling out a move for the Brazilian, according to AS .
With a rebuild already gathering pace with the signing of striker Luka Jovic and with Eden Hazard seemingly on his way, Madrid is also ready to listen to offers for playmaker Isco , according to Marca.
- Real Madrid , however, may miss out on Christian Eriksen , with the Mirror reporting Tottenham chairman Daniel Levy has told the La Liga club Spurs has no intention of selling the midfielder. The Mirror also reports that Real Betis midfielder Giovani Lo Celso is trying to force a move to the Champions League runners-up.
- Ajax star Matthijs de Ligt has been linked with a host of European heavyweights and Liverpool is ready to target the Netherlands centre-back, an international team-mate of Virgil van Dijk's, according to Bild .
- The race for Benfica attacker Joao Felix is well and truly on. According to Portuguese outlet Correio da Manha, Manchester City has informally triggered the teenager's EUR 120 million release clause, with the 19-year-old also linked with United and Madrid. The Sun says City is also lining up a move for Juventus right-back Joao Cancelo .
- With uncertainty over David de Gea's future, the Mirror says Manchester United has made contact with Lille regarding goalkeeper Mike Maignan and the Ligue 1 side wants EUR 35m for the shot-stopper.
- Atletico Madrid also has some rebuilding to do and it is confident of signing Chelsea's Marcos Alonso , according to the Mirror , as a replacement for Bayern Munich-bound Lucas Hernandez. Diego Simeone also wants Barcelona defender Nelson Semedo , Sport reports.
- Inter continued to be linked with attacking talent and West Ham's Marko Arnautovic , a former Nerazzurri loanee, is its latest target, according to The Sun . Manchester United striker Romelu Lukaku and Roma's Edin Dzeko are also apparently on its wishlist.
- Mohun Bagan Super Giant vs Punjab FC LIVE score, ISL 2023-24: Kick-off at 8 PM IST; Lineups out; MBSG vs PFC updates
- Asian Games 2023, Opening ceremony HIGHLIGHTS: China’s President Xi Jinping declares Hangzhou 2022 Asiad open
- Sri Lanka’s N. Thangaraja wins Vizag Open golf championship
- Rahul Dravid’s son Samit named in Karnataka Vinoo Mankad Trophy 2023-24 squad
- Indian sports news wrap, September 23