Brighton and Hove Albion has announced the signing of Martin Montoya from Valencia on a four-year deal. Former Barcelona full-back Montoya was linked with Fulham, but will instead join Chris Hughton's side.
Montoya will link up with former Valencia goalkeeper Mat Ryan and compete for a place with another of the LaLiga club's ex-players, Bruno, subject to international clearance.
"Martin's pedigree is excellent, and I'm delighted we have been able to add a player of his standing to our squad. There is no doubt he will improve our options in the right-back position," said manager Hughton.
"He's won several domestic and European honours in Spain, and played the majority of his career in the top level of LaLiga. He has a wealth of experience, at 27 years old he is a very good age, and I'm now looking forward to working with him."
Brighton, which signed the likes of Alireza Jahanbakhsh, Florin Andone, Bernardo and Yves Bissouma during the transfer window, faces Watford in the Premier League on Saturday.
- Al Shabab vs Al Nassr highlights, SHB 2-3 NAS, Saudi Pro League: Talisca brace, Ronaldo strike guide Nassr to win and keep title race alive
- Saudi Pro League: Ronaldo scores milestone goal as Al Nassr edges Al Shabab to keep title race alive
- WPL 2024: Gujarat Giants stumbles to five-wicket loss against Mumbai Indians in low-scoring encounter
- Serie A 2023-24: Late Rugani goal gives Juventus 3-2 win over Frosinone
- Carabao Cup final, CHE vs LIV: Van Dijk nets extra-time winner as Liverpool beats Chelsea