Liverpool appears to be getting closer to completing a deal for RB Leipzig star Timo Werner. Werner, 23, has been linked with a move to Anfield after a prolific season with the Bundesliga side. Now, it seems the Germany forward is continuing to take step towards joining the European champion.
TOP STORY – LIVERPOOL OFFER WERNER FIVE-YEAR DEAL
Liverpool has offered Werner a contract until 2025 worth £6.8million (€8m) a season plus bonuses, according La Gazzetta dello Sport journalist Nicolo Schira.
The Premier League club is reportedly ready to pay Werner's release clause of £49m (€58m) before April.
Werner, who recently spoke glowingly about the Premier League club, has 27 goals in 33 games in all competitions this season.
- Manchester United is backing Ole Gunnar Solskjaer. The Sun reports United is preparing a £250m spending spree amid links to the likes of Borussia Dortmund midfielder Jadon Sancho , Aston Villa's Jack Grealish and Leicester City's James Maddison .
- Coming out of contract at the end of the season, Jan Vertonghen seems set to leave Tottenham. The Evening Standard reports Inter has contacted the defender about a potential move.
- Could Marcelo Bielsa be set to leave Leeds United? ElDesmarque reports Real Betis has contacted the Argentinian about his situation, with Leeds chasing promotion to the Premier League.
- Looking to strengthen its defence, Chelsea has made RB Leipzig defender Dayot Upamecano its number one transfer target, according to the Mirror.
- Amid some criticism of Real Madrid over its decision to let Theo Hernandez leave for Milan in July, CalcioMercato reports the 22-year-old Frenchman is happy at the Serie A club, where he has starred this season.