Germany's 2-1 Nations League defeat away to world champion France on Tuesday was its sixth loss in a single calendar year - the first time ever that it has happened.
It has been a woeful year for Germany's national team, with off-field controversy and a shambolic World Cup campaign attracting headlines for the wrong reason.
In terms of results, Saturday's 3-0 defeat at Netherlands was the worst, as it was comfortably swept aside by Ronald Koeman's young team.But two of its most crucial defeats came in Russia, as it lost 1-0 to Mexico in its opening group game and was then dumped out before the knockout phase as a result of a 2-0 reverse at the hands of South Korea.
Its other two losses were to Brazil and Austria in pre-World Cup friendlies.
Although it ended up losing to France on Tuesday, Germany's performance for the first hour was positive – it just failed to maintain its level and was ultimately punished by a contentious penalty.
Nevertheless, it consigned Germany to successive competitive defeats for the first time since 2000.
- Women’s Premier League Auction, Live Streaming: When and where to watch WPL 2024 Auction?
- WPL Auction 2024: Retained list, time, date, venue and purse remaining ahead of Women’s Premier League auction
- Greek football matches postponed after clashes leave police officer in critical condition
- PKL LIVE Score, Bengaluru Bulls vs Dabang Delhi KC: Saurabh’s Bengaluru faces Naveen’s Delhi, Puneri Paltan vs U Mumba at 9; When, where to watch Pro Kabaddi League 2023?
- Indian sports news wrap, December 8