Phil Mickelson's PGA Championship victory prompted a massive leap in his odds to win the U.S. Open and The Open Championship.
The unexpected victory by the 50-year-old Mickelson in the second major of the season in South Carolina over the weekend prompted books to adjust futures bets on Mickelson for the next two majors.
Mickelson will turn 51 on June 16, one day before the U.S. Open opening round at Torrey Pines Golf Course in San Diego.
Jon Rahm (+1100) and Brooks Koepka (+1200) are the favorites to win at Torrey Pines, followed by Dustin Johnson and Rory McIlroy (both +1600), per PointsBet.
Mickelson moved from +12500 to +5000 to win the U.S. Open via PointsBet. He jumped from +9000 to +6600 to win The Open.
Johnson currently is the betting favorite for The Open Championship, scheduled to be played starting July 15 at Royal St. George's in Sandwich, Kent, England, at +1000. McIlroy is second at +1100.
- Vijay Hazare Trophy LIVE score, pre-quarterfinals updates: Kerala 383/4 vs Maharashtra; Gujarat 283/9 vs Bengal
- WPL 2024 Auction LIVE Updates: 165 players to go under hammer as teams look to complete squad; When, where to watch Women’s Premier League auction?
- PKL Season 10: Sagar Rathee settling into Tamil Thalaivas leadership role with fitness as top priority
- Rinku Singh: Extra pace and bounce of SA pitches will need some more practice
- Volleyball Club World Championship: Halkbank, Sicoma vie for final spot after contrasting pool stage journeys