Defending champion Punjab along with Railways, Petroleum Sports Promotion Board (PSPB) and Punjab and Sind Bank (PSB) entered the semi-final of the 9th Senior National Hockey Championship on Thursday.
Punjab beat Haryana 3-0 in the first quarter-final with India internationals Akashdeep Singh and Ramandeep Singh finding the target. Akashdeep scored twice in the 46th and 54th minute respectively while Ramandeep scored the opening goal in the 25th minute.
In the second quarter-final, PSB pipped Air India Sports Promotion Board 3-2.
Gaganpreet Singh struck a brace in the 9th and 59th minute. Satbir Singh (42’) was the other goal-scorer for Punjab and Sind Bank while Abharan Sudev (23’) and Mohammed Raheel Mouseen (45’) scored for Air India Sports Promotion Board.
In in the third quarter-final, PSPB crushed Mumbai 5-0 with Hardik Singh (39’, 52’), Harmanpreet Singh (40’), Affan Yousuf (44’) and Talwinder Singh (60’) scoring the goals.
In the final last eight clash, Railways beat Karnataka 5-0.
Senior India player Amit Rohidas scored twice in the 10th and 41st minute while Pratap Lakra scored in the 21st minute, and Harsahib Singh scored in the 48th minute to seal a semi-final berth.
- Mohun Bagan Super Giant vs Odisha FC LIVE streaming info, ISL 2023-24: When, where to watch; Preview
- WATCH: Bangladesh’s Mushfiqur Rahim out handling the ball in second Test against New Zealand
- Bangladesh vs New Zealand LIVE Score updates, 2nd Test Day 1: Latest scorecard, match streaming info
- NBA: LeBron James leads Lakers to In-Season Tournament semifinals with win over Suns
- Du Plessis hints at return to international cricket ahead of T20 World Cup