The Brazilian midfielder arrived at Chennaiyin FC with loads of experience and winner's medals from 2007 Copa America and 2009 Confederations Cup. His eight goals from 11 matches including few long-range strikes lit up the inaugural season of the ISL.
After struggling to carve out a career at home in Colombia, Stiven Mendoza’s signing for Chennaiyin FC in October 2014 turned out be a bargain. Four goals in nine matches in the first season was decent, but the winger’s 13 goals in 16 games, which included the title-clinching goal in the injury-time in the 2015 final against FC Goa made him a fan-favourite.
The Brazilian forward scored 10 and created five in 15 matches in his debut ISL for Delhi Dynamos, propelling his side to the semifinals. He was bought by FC Pune City in the 2017-18 season and was involved in 15 goals in 17 matches.
The former Girona and Espanyol striker scored 18 goals in 20 matches for FC Goa, guiding the Gaurs to the semifinals where it lost to eventual champion Chennaiyin FC. The Spaniard also holds the record for scoring the fastest hat-trick in ISL when he put three behind the net in the space of eight minutes against Kerala Blasters.
- Mohun Bagan SG vs Punjab FC LIVE score, MBSG 1-0 PFC, ISL 2023-24: Petratos, Cummings goals keep Mariners ahead at HT
- Kochi stadium’s condition is a disaster waiting to happen like Indonesia: AFC General Secretary
- Bundesliga: Harry Kane hits hat-trick as Bayern beats Bochum 7-0
- Asian Games 2023 Opening Ceremony in pictures: China president Xi Jinping opens Asiad at Hangzhou
- Asian Games 2023: Showcasing the past, using the future in the present - China displays might and pride in opening ceremony