Haryana Steelers on Saturday announced star raider Vikash Kandola as its captain for the eighth season of the Pro Kabaddi League, which is set to begin on December 22 in Bengaluru.
Last season, Kandola was the highest point scorer for his team with 195 points and sixth highest overall in the league.
"I am honoured and humbled to be named the Captain of the Haryana Steelers. I have been with this team for the last three seasons and I have loved every minute with the side. I will certainly put in my 100 per cent in every match and also lead the team to the best of my abilities. We have got a great mix of experience and young talent and we will give our all throughout the tournament," said Kandola.
Steelers will face Patna Pirates in its opening match on December 23.
- I-League 2023-24 Top Scorers: Here are the leading goalscorers after matchday seven
- EURO 2024 playoffs: Which are the teams involved, when will the matches be played?
- I-League 2023-24 points table LIVE: Sreenidi Deccan on top tied with Mohammedan Sporting Club, I-League standings
- IND vs AUS, 5th T20I: Arshdeep Singh holds nerve in tense final over as India wins series 4-1
- EURO 2024: Which group is the Group of Death at the European Championship?