Defending champion Patna Pirates started its home leg with a 41-30 win over Jaipur Pink Panthers in the inter-zone challenge week of ProKabaddi season six here on Friday.
Pardeep Narwal’s raiding performance, with 11 points, laid the foundations for Patna’s victory and he was ably supported by Manjeet (10).
Jaideep and Vikas Kale combined to score 10 tackle points for Patna. Narwal is now the leader of Super 10s in the history of the league.
Anup Kumar also reached a milestone as he hit the 500 raid point mark in the PKL but his eight-point effort could not help his team avoid a defeat.
At the end of the first half, Patna Pirates led 22-15 with Narwal scoring nine points.
The second half saw Jaipur start impressively as it forced a super tackle to trail 17-23. Two more points saw Jaipur cut the lead to just three as it trailed 20-23 after 24 minutes. Patna Pirates defence tightened its hold on the match to lead 29-21 after 29 minutes.
In the 30th minute, Patna Pirates inflicted another all out to lead 33-21. Anup Kumar tried to revive Jaipur with a super raid as it reduced the deficit to nine points.
Patna although was in no mood to relinquish its winning position.It rounded off the match with an 11-point victory.
Patna Pirates bt Jaipur Pink Panthers 41-30
Gujarat FortuneGiants bt Tamil Thalaivas 36-25
- Bahrain Grand Prix: F1 champion Verstappen of Red Bull on pole for season-opener
- Ranji Trophy semifinal: Chandrakant Pandit eyes victory against former side as Vidarbha, Madhya Pradesh face off
- German Open 2024: Jolly-Gayatri bow out of quarterfinals, lose to Chinese pair of Jing-Min
- Mohun Bagan vs Jamshedpur FC highlights, MBSG 3-0 JFC, ISL 2023-24: Sadiku, Cummings, Petratos goals guide Mariners to comfortable win
- ISL 2023-24: Mohun Bagan Super Giant cruises to win against Jamshedpur FC