Pawan Kumar, with 23 points, saved Bengluru Bulls the blushes yet again as it edged Telugu Titans 40-39 in the Pro Kabaddi League at the Sree Kanteerava Indoor Stadium on Friday.
With just seconds left and the score locked at 38-38, Pawan came up with a super raid to earn his side a thrilling victory. The result ensured that Bulls ended the home leg with three wins out of four and remained second in the table (48 points).
However, Titans’ Siddharth Desai (23 points) almost denied Bulls the triumph. From 27-35 he brought his team level to 36-36 in a matter of just two raids; one an all out that fetched six points and another a super raid for three. But it was Pawan who had the last laugh.
In fact, it was Pawan’s superlative second-half performance that held the Bulls together. From leading 15-12 at the break, Pawan effected an all out for four points followed by a super raid that consumed three players. A second all out with seven minutes to go left the Titans on the brink before Siddharth brought his team close.
Earlier in the evening, UP Yoddha, led by Shrikant Jadhav’s 10 points, handed Patna Pirates its tenth defeat, beating the three-time winner 41-29. For the Pirates, Pardeep Narwal top-scored with 14, but found little support from the others.
- India vs Australia Live Score, 5th T20I: AUS - 151/7 (19.3); Arshdeep dismisses Wade, Aussies need 10 runs in 3 balls
- ISL 2023-24: NorthEast United looks to avenge Durand Cup loss against East Bengal
- Pro Kabaddi League 2023 Highlights: Gujarat beats Bengaluru 34-31 in thriller before Ajinkya Pawar’s one-man show leads Tamil to 42-31 win over Delhi - PKL 10 matchday 2 updates
- ISL 2023-24 points table LIVE: FC Goa reclaims top spot after a 1-0 win over Kerala Blasters
- FC Goa vs Kerala Blasters FC, Highlights, FCG 1-0 KBFC ISL 2023-24: Rowllin Borges’ strike takes Gaurs to the top of the table