Memories from your early days of playing football
While playing in the streets of Moirang, it used to be really competitive with my friends and family. If we beat my family members, they don’t come back home.
The most memorable sporting moment
The AFC Cup final in 2016. Unfortunately, we lost. But we were the first Indian club to make it to the final.
The best advice received
From Sunil (Chhetri) bhai . “Just believe in yourself and keep working hard.”
What do you do when you have a bad day?
When I am down, I listen to music and pump myself up.
Your worst nightmare?
The ISL final (against Chennaiyin FC). All night, I was thinking about it and I couldn’t sleep.
One of your habits that you don’t like?
I don’t speak much. I am a shy person.
The love of your life?
My girlfriend, Twinkle.
If not a footballer?
I would have been a sprinter.
Which movie character would you like to play?
Have you ever lied?
I don’t lie.
A quality in a woman that you like the most?
I don’t talk much. So, I like it if they don’t get angry when I stay quiet. (laughs)
The nutmeg king in training
Sunil bhai and Alwyn George.
Your favourite destination?
Paris, but, I have never been there.
- Euro 2024: Germany to Spain, Italy and Croatia in group of death
- Premier League: Arsenal beats Wolves to go four points clear at top
- Vaishali, India’s third female Grandmaster, is making all the right moves
- IPL 2024 Auction: Scouts reveal domestic middle-order batters, fast bowlers likely to be hot property on December 19
- EURO 2024 full schedule: Complete list of matches, groups, kick-off time, venues, live streaming info