Stage-1 gold winners V. Jyothi Surekha and Ojas Deotale again performed well to reach their second consecutive compound mixed team final at the Archery World Cup Stage-2 in Shanghai on Friday.
Jyothi Surekha and Deotale, members of the sixth-ranked Indian team, received a first round bye and beat Bangladesh 158-151 and Turkey 157-156. In the closely-contested semifinal, the Indian pair pipped their Italian rivals 157-157 (19*-19, shot closer to the centre) via shoot-off.
India will meet top-ranked Korea in the final.
The recurve mixed team of B. Dhiraj and Simranjeet Kaur got a bye but lost to Indonesia 2-6 next.
In recurve individual events, Dhiraj was the most notable performer among Indian men. He beat German Florian Unruh 7-3, Spaniards Miguel Garcia 7-1 and Daniel Castro 6-4 before falling 0-6 to Korean Olympic and World champion Oh Jin Hyek in the quarterfinals.
Atanu Das, Tarundeep Rai and Neeraj Chauhan lost in the first round.
Among women, Bhajan Kaur and Aditi Jaiswal fell in the second round, while Ankita Bhakat and Simranjeet exited in the opening round.
- Al Nassr vs Persepolis LIVE Updates, AFC Champions League 2023-24: Cristiano Ronaldo starts, minutes away from kick off
- ISL 2023-24: Super sub Victor Rodriguez brings three points home for FC Goa against Jamshedpur FC as it goes on top of the table
- Mohun Bagan Super Giant vs Odisha FC Highlights, AFC Cup: MBSG 2-5 OFC, Juggernauts beat Mariners to stay second
- Prannoy, Lakshya withdraw from Syed Modi International 2023
- Hockey Nationals 2023: Defending champions Haryana to face Punjab in the final