The Sports of Authority of India (SAI) on Monday said it is handing over the Jawaharlal Nehru Stadium here to the Delhi government for using it as a quarantine facility for patients infected with the novel coronavirus.
SAI handed over the stadium after the District Magistrate had earlier in the day asked if it could be used for the purpose of quarantine.
The Sports Ministry had on March 22 announced that facilities under SAI across the country will be made available for usage as quarantine facilities.
More than 1250 positive cases for the novel coronavirus have so far been reported across the country besides 36 deaths.
The COVID-19 pandemic has so far claimed over 34000 lives worldwide.
- Late Rodri goal earns Man City draw with Chelsea
- Sri Lanka beats Afghanistan by 4 runs in thrilling T20 series opener
- Former South Africa player and coach Mike Procter dies aged 77
- Al Nassr vs Al Fateh HIGHLIGHTS Saudi Pro League: NAS 2-1 FAT; Ronaldo, Otavio strikes keep Al Nassr in title race
- Gangta lauds Himachal’s fitness, says poor Ranji form ‘just a phase’ with hopes of better momentum