The coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic has spread worldwide, affecting the lives of over 2.4 million people, and spreading across 212 countries.
The biggest news from the world of sport is the postponement of the Tokyo Olympics from July 24, 2020 to July 23, 2021. Additionally, the Wimbledon has been cancelled and the Champions League and Europa League have been suspended. The England Football Association has also announced that the Premier League has been suspended indefinitely. Several other tournaments, including the IPL, Premier League, The British Open and French Open have been postponed.
Suspensions or cancellations have also impacted the British Open, Moto GP, Bundesliga, ATP and WTA Tours, La Liga, Euro 2020, BWF Tour, ICC World Test Championship, Copa America, and several Formula One (F1) races among others.
Here are the updates from around the world as they happen:
- IND vs AUS live score 3rd ODI: Australia 237/2; Smith, Labuschagne at crease after Kuldeep removes Marsh
- Asian Games 2023: Overall medals tally, September 27 - LIVE - Sift Kaur wins gold with WR in shooting; India 6th with 5 gold, 22 medals in total
- Ukraine to boycott all UEFA competitions featuring Russian teams
- Table Tennis LIVE Score, Asian Games 2023: Manav, Manush qualify for doubles R-32; Sathiyan, Manika Mixed Doubles R-32 next
- Asian Games 2023 LIVE, September 27 Updates: Anant wins silver in men’s skeet; Esha bags silver in 25m pistol; Sumit, Ankita bow out in tennis; India 5th with 22 medals