The Commonwealth Games Federation, the Andrews Labor Government and Commonwealth Games Australia unveiled the full Sport Program for the Victoria 2026 Commonwealth Games, on Wednesday, with shooting making a come back into the event, while wrestling missed out.
The games will feature 20 sports and 26 disciplines, including nine fully integrated Para sports.
Coastal Rowing, Golf, and BMX will be the events that will make a Commonwealth Games debut in 2026.
“We are thrilled to confirm the Sport Program for the 2026 Commonwealth Games, with the additional sports proposed by Victoria 2026 completing an exciting and diverse line-up. The Games are set to be competitive and action-packed, featuring an extensive, fully integrated Para Sport Program, the debuts of Coastal Rowing, Golf and BMX, the return of Shooting and the scintillating 3x3 Basketball,” said Commonwealth Games Federation President Dame Louise Martin
FULL LIST OF SPORTS
- ICC World Cup 2023: In ‘Spirit of the Game’ debate, Shakib could have been everybody’s hero with some leniency
- How Afghanistan’s rapid ascent in ODI World Cup came to be: A behind-the-scenes look
- Gavaskar: Haven’t come across a more chilled-out skipper than Rohit Sharma
- Czech Republic beats defending champion Switzerland in group stage of BJK Cup Finals in Spain
- The drama of Maxwell’s 201: Prevents hat-trick, survives LBW scare, dropped chance on way to one of ODI World Cup’s greatest centuries