Indian para-athletes Sandeep Chaudhary and Suman broke two World Records in javelin throw at the World Para Athletics Grand Prix in Grosseto, Italy on Saturday.
Sandeep, who already owns the javelin world record in the F44 category, bettered his mark from 60.01 to 65.80 to win the gold and qualify for Tokyo Paralympics. Sandeep registered the world record in his second attempt on Day 2 of action in Grosseto.
Sumit finished second in the combined javelin category behind Sandeep with a World Record effort of 60.45 in the F64 category. He achieved the mark in his third attempt after starting the throw with a 53.87.
India's Sundar Singh Gurjar finished third with a throw of 58.99. The next best was a 42.77 throw from Italy's Stanislav Ricci.
- Aman Raj wins Telangana Golconda Masters 2023, sits second in PGTI rankings
- India vs Pakistan hockey Live Score, Asian Games 2023: IND takes on PAK in pool A match; When & where to watch - IND vs PAK updates
- North Korea’s Ri sets weightlifting world record at Asian Games
- Australia dials ‘Ashwin duplicate’ Mahesh Pithiya, but Baroda off-spinner turns down offer
- Asian Games 2023: Ayhika-Suthirtha beat world champion China pair to confirm medal in women’s doubles table tennis