Khelo India Women’s League was renamed as Asmita Women’s League on Tuesday.
In a social media post, the Minister of Youth Affairs and Sports of India, Anurag Thakur said, “ The ‘Asmita Portal’ serves as a comprehensive resource, offering valuable insights into upcoming leagues among other features. It will enable any school, college, government, or private organisation to host the ‘Asmita Women’s League’ and be part of Khelo India’s march towards sporting excellence.”
He thanked the Khelo India team for conceptualizing the idea and developing this portal, a significant stride towards digitalization of Indian sports.
Asmita is the abbreviation of Achieving Sports Milestone by Inspiring Women Through Action.
- Copenhagen vs Manchester United LIVE Score, CPH 2-2 MUN, Champions League: Hojlund scores double but Elyounoussi and Golncalves penalty puts them level, Red Card to Rashford
- World Cup 2023, ENG vs NED: Stokes comes to the party as England keeps Champions Trophy qualification hopes alive
- Copenhagen vs Manchester United LIVE Streaming Info: UEFA Champions League 2023-24: When and where to watch, Preview and more
- NZ vs SL, World Cup 2023: Can’t control weather, our focus is on cricket, says Williamson
- ENG vs NED: Buttler lauds Stokes’ ‘exceptional’ century as England beats Netherlands in ICC World Cup 2023