Youth Olympic Games gold medallists, pistol shooters Saurabh Chaudhary, Manu Bhaker and weightlifter Jeremy Lalrinnunga are among India’s young sporting talents set to compete at the Khelo India Youth Games, commencing here on January 9.
The track and field events will see Jisna Mathew, a double Asian junior gold medallist, in action at the Balewadi sports complex here.
Saurabh was in good form last year when he shot gold in the Asian Games, ISSF World Junior Championships, the Youth Olympics and the Asian Air Gun championships.
Manu added the Youth Olympics gold to her success in the Commonwealth Games 2018. Jeremy became the first Indian to win a weightlifting gold at the Youth Olympics in Buenos Aires.
Others in the fray are recurve archer Akash Malik and air rifle shooter Mehuli Ghosh. This talented pack can be expected to shine at the Khelo India competition.
Boxers who will be seen in action are Sakshi Chaudhary (World Youth Boxing), Anamika Hooda and Manisha (Asian champions) and Bhavesh Kattimani (World Youth Championship bronze).
- Bopanna-Ebden, Yuki-Haase pairs advance, Nagal exits from Dubai Tennis C’ship
- Mexican Open: Second-seeded Holger Rune eases past American Michael Mmoh
- Argentina to play exhibition against Costa Rica instead of Nigeria in Los Angeles on March 26
- A low-ranked American tennis player banned after testing positive for marijuana at a tournament
- Man Utd boss Ten Hag doesn’t want Ratcliffe vote of confidence