Nishka Agarwal of Telangana, 15, clinched a gold in table vault in the third Pharaoh’s Cup gymnastics championship in Cairo.
Nishka, a student at Gaudium Sportopia, is being coached by Manoj Rana. Her gold in the junior nationals last year serves as a constant reminder of her talent.
For someone who started gymnastics at the age of seven, Nishka is now eagerly “anticipating her transition into the senior category next year.”
“I am delighted with the gold in Cairo. It is a huge morale booster. Yes, I will work really hard to make it big in the senior grade too, as the ultimate goal is to win an Olympic medal in the 2028 edition,” Nishka said.
“Right now, the immediate focus will be on the upcoming World Cups, crucial qualifiers for the 2024 Olympics, as I pursue my biggest dream,” she said.
“I am also grateful to the Sports Authority of India, the Gymnastics Federation of India, and the Telangana Gymnastics Association for their great support and belief in me,” Nishka said.
- Australia vs Bangladesh Live Score, World Cup 2023: Warner, Head open in 307-run chase for AUS vs BAN
- England vs Pakistan LIVE Score, World Cup 2023: ENG 68/0 (9); Malan, Bairstow give blazing start to ENG vs PAK
- Dhiraj Bommadevara secures India’s first archery Paris Olympics 2024 quota
- Asian half marathon C’ship: Indian men’s team wins gold, women’s team clinches bronze
- Adam Zampa goes past Hogg for most wickets by an Australian spinner in a single ODI World Cup