Ronaldo Souza will not fight at UFC 249 after testing positive for coronavirus on Friday.
The Brazilian was scheduled to face Uriah Hall in a middleweight bout on the preliminary card in Florida.
However, Souza and two of his cornermen tested positive for COVID-19 while asymptomatic and have left the host hotel and will be self-isolating. "The middleweight bout between Uriah Hall vs Jacare Souza will no longer be on the UFC 249 preliminary card due to one of Souza's COVID-19 tests indicating a positive result," a UFC statement read.
"In addition, COVID-19 tests for Souza's two cornermen were also flagged as positive. UFC's medical team examined Souza and his two cornermen and found them to be currently asymptomatic, or not exhibiting the common symptoms of COVID-19.
ALSO READ | Ferguson and Gaetje make weight for title clash
"As per UFC's health and safety protocols, all three men have left the host hotel and will be self-isolating off premises, where UFC's medical team will monitor their conditions remotely and will provide assistance with any necessary treatment."
UFC said there had been no other positive coronavirus tests ahead of UFC 249, which is headlined by a interim lightweight championship bout between Tony Ferguson and Justin Gaethje.
- Premier League: Ten Hag confident he retains backing of Manchester United players
- Manchester City is going to win the league again, says Guardiola
- Men’s Volleyball Club World Championship: India’s Ahmedabad Defenders eyes dominance against the best in the world
- Pro Kabaddi League 2023 Highlights: Sonu’s Super 10 powers Gujarat Giants to a famous win over U Mumba
- Vijay Hazare Trophy: Mumbai pips Kerala to quarterfinal spot after both teams lose their last group stage matches