Two-time Commonwealth Games champion S. Sathish Kumar withdrew from the Asian weightlifting championships in Tashkent on Wednesday, due to 'an injury.' Sathish had entered his name in Group B of men's 81kg category.
"Sathish got injured during the warm up prior to the competition and had to withdraw from it," said Indian Weightlifting Federation secretary Sahdev Yadav.
India won two medals at the continental event as Jhilli Dalabehera clinched the gold in the women's 45kg category, while Mirabai Chanu claimed the bronze in the 49kg.
Mirabai went on to set a new World Record in the clean and jerk as well and severely boosted her chances of qualifying for the Tokyo Olympics.
Youth Olympics champion Jeremy Lalrinnunga lifted a total of 302kg to finish eighth in the 67kg category on Monday, while Achinta Sheuli lifted an aggregate of 309kg to finish second in Group B of men's 73kg category on Tuesday.
Sheuli, 19, lifted139kg in snatch and 170kg in clean and jerk to achieve his personal best total.
- FC Goa vs Kerala Blasters FC, LIVE Score, FCG 1-0 KBFC ISL 2023-24: Gaurs leads through Rowllin Borges’ strike
- India vs Australia Live Score, 5th T20I: AUS - 80/3 (11); Aussies need 81 runs in 9 Overs
- PKL LIVE Score, Gujarat Giants vs Bengaluru Bulls: Defence keeps Giants in hunt vs Bulls; Ajinkya Pawar one-man show leads Thalaivas to 42-31 win over Delhi; Pro Kabaddi League 2023 updates
- EURO 2024 playoffs: Who are the teams involved, when will the matches be played?
- Indian sports news wrap, December 3: Abhinav Choudhary wins rapid fire pistol gold at National Championships