Joshna Chinappa continued her scintillating run at the Women's Black Ball Squash Open, a PSA gold event, as she beat England's Sarah-Jane Perry 11-4, 6-11, 14-12, 11-9 to storm into the quarterfinal. The Indian seems to have drawn enough inspiration after downing legend Nicol David in the first round as he wore down the sixth seed at Cairo, late on Tuesday.
This is Chinappa's first win over Perry in almost seven years having beaten her last at the 2012 Chennai Open. Then again it was a match of over four games but on this occasion, the Indian seemed in greater control as she dominated the first game. Though the higher ranked English lady came back strongly in the next, Joshna edged out to win the next two games to win the match.
In the last eight, Chinappa will face Joelle King of New Zealand.
Latest on Sportstar
- PSG vs Clermont Foot LIVE; Ligue 1 updates: Messi, Ramos start in their last match for Paris; Lineups; Streaming info
- La Liga: Hazard to leave Real Madrid after contract terminated by mutual agreement
- Iga bakery special at French Open: Swiatek dishes out her first Grand Slam double bagel
- Formula 1: Hamilton happy home-work paid off for Mercedes
- Serie A: Juventus will do better next season, Allegri says