Indian squash star Saurav Ghosal avenged his Asian Games semifinal loss by beating Hong Kong opponent Leo Au in straight games to advance to the third round of the Qatar Classic, a PSA World tour platinum event, here on Tuesday.
Ghosal, who had a bye in the first round, defeated Leo Au 11-2, 11-3, 11-5 and will face second seed Ali Farag of Egypt in the third round.
Interestingly, Ghosal also has a score to settle against Farag, who four years ago had trumped top-seed Ghosal in the first round of the CCI international in Mumbai.
- NBA roundup: Cavs’ Max Strus hits half-court winner at buzzer
- Uday Saharan wins Emerging Hero award at the Sportstar ‘Focus Punjab’ Conclave
- WPL 2024: Royal Challengers Bangalore looks to maintain win-streak as it faces Delhi Capitals
- Brigadier Harcharan Singh honoured with Sportstar Hero Unsung Champion award at ‘Focus Punjab’ Sports Conclave
- Punjab’s sports policy unparalleled in the country, says Sports Minister Gurmeet Singh Meet Hayer