The number of occasions, when two finals of the Ranji Trophy were played in the same year. For the first time in the tournament’s history, the year 2017 has seen the start of two finals and that too both at the same venue — Holkar Stadium, Indore! Check table below for details.
Earliest start to Ranji Trophy finals
Th number of occasions, bowlers have claimed a hat-trick in a Ranji Trophy final. Vidarbha’s Rajneesh Gurbani became the second after Tamil Nadu’s B. Kalyanasundaram, who achieved it in a losing cause against Bombay during the 1972/73 final at Chepauk in Madras (now Chennai).
The number of occasions, Vidarbha bowlers have claimed a hat-trick in a Ranji Trophy match. Vidarbha’s Rajneesh Gurbani became the third after Pritam Gandhe (twice) and Umesh Yadav. See details below:
+ was captain
The number of teams that have now won the coveted Ranji Trophy title. Vidarbha is the latest entrant to this elite list as provided chronologically in the table below.
+ Bombay became Mumbai in 1996. Titles won as Bombay 32, and as Mumbai 9.
+ Nawanagar, Western India and Holkar do not exist anymore.
+ Madras became Tamil Nadu in 1970/71. As Madras won 1 title, and as Tamil Nadu won 1 title.
+ Mysore became Karnataka in 1973/74. All their eight titles came as Karnataka.
The number of times Delhi had lost a Ranji Trophy final. Now, only Bengal (11) and Madras/Tamil Nadu (10) have lost more finals. Delhi, meanwhile, equals the losing tally of Rajasthan, which, too, had lost eight finals in just 14 seasons — all from 1960/61 to 1973/74. The table below has details of Delhi’s losses in the Ranji Trophy final.
- I-League 2023-24 Top Scorers: Here are the leading goalscorers after matchday seven
- EURO 2024 playoffs: Which are the teams involved, when will the matches be played?
- I-League 2023-24 points table LIVE: Sreenidi Deccan on top tied with Mohammedan Sporting Club, I-League standings
- IND vs AUS, 5th T20I: Arshdeep Singh holds nerve in tense final over as India wins series 4-1
- EURO 2024: Which group is the Group of Death at the European Championship?