Well-known former international table tennis player Suhas Kulkarni died of COVID-19 in Thane on Sunday. He was 68.
He is survived by his mother, wife and daughter.
After having contracted the novel coronavirus, Kulkarni was admitted for treatment at the Kaushalya Hospital.
After retiring as a player, Kulkarni was actively involved with the game as coach. He also regularly played in Masters’ TT tournaments at the National and International levels. He had won the National Masters’ TT Championship in Indore in 2019.
- New Zealand’s Wagner retires from international cricket
- Paralympics chief hopes for full stadiums and extensive TV coverage in Paris
- Canada, Russia file appeals against re-ranking of 2022 Winter Olympic team result
- Biennial FIFA series of friendly games to launch in March
- Horner fate set to be decided before Bahrain GP