Qualifier Archana Kamath pulled off an upset as she beat higher-ranked Mo Zhang 11-6, 10-12, 11-8, 11-9 in a women's singles first round match of the WTT Contender Muscat on Wednesday. Manika Batra also got off to a winning start as she beat Singapore's Lin Ye 12-10, 11-8, 11-8.
Archana had defeated Oze Yilmaz 11-8 5-11 12-10 11-7 in the third round of qualifying. Sreeja Akula also progressed to the main draw but lost 11-8, 7-11, 11-8, 9-11, 11-8 to Jia Nan Yuan, a player of Chinese origin, representing France.
Earlier, five Indian doubles pairs entered the quarterfinals - Manav Thakkar and Manush Shah (men's doubles), Selena Deepthi and Sreeja Akula, Sutirtha Mukherjee-Ayhika Mukherjee (women's doubles), G. Sathiyan-Manika Batra and Manav-Archana Kamath (mixed doubles).
- BAN vs NZ: Southee refuses to blame World Cup fatigue for Bangladesh Test loss
- Pro Kabaddi League 2023 schedule PDF- Telugu Titans match fixtures, squad analysis, all you need to know
- Pro Kabaddi League 2023 schedule PDF- Gujarat Giants match fixtures, squad analysis, all you need to know
- Canada humbles Australia 5-0 in all-time top scorer Sinclair’s swansong
- PKL 2023, Gujarat Giants vs Telugu Titans, U Mumba vs UP Yoddhas: When, where to watch, H2H records