Australian Nick Kyrgios forfeited his second-round game at the Italian Open on Thursday after walking off court against Norwegian Casper Ruud.
The controversial figure was serving at 1-1 in the third set when the referee gave a point against him for unsportsmanlike conduct for swearing.
His response was to kick a water bottle before throwing a chair, packing his bag and then storming off court.
Kyrgios defaulted the match with Ruud winning 6-3, 6-7 (5/7), 2-1 to advance to the third round.
- RCBW vs GGW WPL 2024 Live Score Updates: Smriti falls, RCB needs 108 runs to win vs GG, Live Streaming Info
- ISL 2023-24: FC Goa files complaint after Mumbai City analyst caught spying at training session
- Premier League: Brighton suffers blow as Mitoma likely to miss rest of season with injury
- I want to be a world champion some day: Anmol Kharb after Asian Badminton Team Championships triumph
- I am expecting two badminton medals in Paris, says Olympian Aparna Popat