Mumbai Indians might have just about crawled into the playoffs but on Wednesday it showed why it is the most successful side in the history of the IPL (Indian Premier League) with a clinical performance as it thrashed Lucknow Super Giants by 81 runs in the Eliminator here at the M.A. Chidambaram Stadium.
Right from the moment Rohit Sharma won the toss and decided to bat, the five-time champion came hard at Super Giants and posted 182 for eight thanks to quickfire knocks from Cameron Green (41 off 23 balls) and Suryakumar Yadav (33 off 20b).
However, the day belonged to Akash Madhwal, who blew away Super Giants’ batting line-up with a sensational spell of fast bowling to finish with figures of 3.3-0-5-5 as he helped his side bundle out the opposition for just 101.
READ THE FULL MATCH REPORT HERE
- Model airplanes keep protests flying high in Bundesliga as Bayern and Frankfurt game interrupted
- Premier League 2023-24: Brighton cruises past Sheffield United 5-0 win after Holgate’s early sending off
- PVL 2024: Ahmedabad makes it two out of two with win over Kolkata, Bengaluru no match for Delhi
- Sinner a winner again as he powers to Rotterdam Open crown
- ISL 2023-24: Mumbai City beats Bengaluru FC 2-0 to continue winning form