Arshdeep Singh’s pitch-perfect last over in a high-scoring affair turned out to be decisive as the Punjab Kings registered a narrow 13-run win at the Wankhede Stadium over Mumbai Indians.
MI’s highest total while chasing at its home ground turned out to be a futile effort as Arshdeep, having accounted for an on-song Suryakumar Yadav in the 18th over, was asked to bowl the last over with 15 runs to defend. He conceded only two, additionally bowling Tilak Varma and impact player Nehal Wadhera off successive balls.
A while earlier, MI would have fancied its chances with Tim David having launched a 114-metre six and an in-form Tilak riding high on a vociferous home crowd.
Had it not been for skipper Sam Curran and Harpreet Singh Bhatia’s 90-run association off 50 balls, the Kings would have fallen way short of the par score. At the halfway stage, with Curran having joined Harpreet, the Kings were wobbly at 83 for four. MI tightened the noose by conceding just 35 runs in the next five overs and keeping the left-handed duo in check.
READ THE FULL MATCH REPORT HERE
- India vs Sri Lanka LIVE Scorecard, Asia Cup final: SL 7/1 (1 over); Streaming info; When and where to watch IND vs SL match today?
- India vs Sri Lanka LIVE Score, Asia Cup 2023 final: Play starts after delay; Bumrah dismisses Perera for a duck in first over
- SA vs AUS LIVE Score, 5th ODI Scorecard, commentary and streaming updates
- IND vs AUS: Australia announces squad for ODI series against India; Head left out, Cummins returns, Labuschagne included
- India vs Sri Lanka LIVE Colombo weather updates, Asia Cup final: Rain delays start of play