The second season of the Pro Wrestling League (PWL), which was earlier scheduled to start from December 15, will now be held from January 2 to 19. Delhi will host all the matches of the season.
Even though the organisers had earlier decided to have eight teams in the second season, they brought down the number of participating sides to six. The players will represent Delhi, Mumbai, Punjab, Uttar Pradesh, Haryana and Jaipur.
Each team will consist of nine players, including five Indian and four international wrestlers.
The leage will feature 18 ties — 15 in the league phase, two semifinals and a grand finale.
“Despite challenges, we take pride in hosting this mega event that features the largest pool of Olympians and World champions. We promise the participation of top players of the world,” said Wrestling Federation of India (WFI) president Brij Bhushan Sharan Singh.
Latest on Sportstar
- WTC Final LIVE Score, IND vs AUS Day 4: Australia 147/5 (53 overs); Carey, Green dig in after Labuschagne departs
- Former South Africa coach Clive Barker dies
- ‘History hovering’ over Djokovic as Grand Slam record beckons
- NBA Finals Game 3: Jokic’s Nuggets muddle Miami Heat defense, regain lead
- Tokyo wrestling gold medalist Gable Steveson balancing 2024 Olympic hopes with WWE training