Pistol prodigy Esha Singh was on Saturday adjudged the BYJU's 'Young Athlete of the Year (Female)' at the Sportstar Aces Awards 2022.
"It feels so real to be standing in a room full of such exceptional people. Thank my parents who are here. I will like to thank my sponsors IOC and OGQ for their support.
At the 2018 National Championships, Esha became the youngest shooter to win a gold medal in the senior category. What made the podium finish even more special was the fact that she beat a field that included Commonwealth Games gold medallists Heena Sidhu and Manu Bhaker in the 10m air pistol event.
In 2021, she struck silver in the 10m air pistol and 50m pistol events at the Junior World Championships in Lima, Peru.
Recently, on her senior World Cup debut in Cairo, she won two gold medals in the 10m and 25m team pistol events as well as a silver in the 10m individual event.
- India vs Australia Live Streaming Info: When and where to watch IND vs AUS 2nd T20I Live? All you need to know
- Davis Cup: Sinner has last laugh vs Djokovic, beats him twice to send Italy to the final
- Mohammed Shami, the good samaritan - shares video after helping road accident victim in Nainital
- Squash’s Olympic dream: Indian players eye glory in Los Angeles 2028 after Asian Games triumph
- Toto Wolff fed up with explanations for Mercedes’ poor performance