Vidarbha’s success in domestic cricket was recognised and it was adjudged the Team of the Year ahead of the Chennai Super Kings and Bengaluru FC.
Led by Faiz Fazal, Vidarbha won its second straight Ranji Trophy title. On the behalf of the team, Anand Jaiswal, president of the Vidarbha Cricket Association, received the award from former India cricketer Diana Edulji.
Former India cricket captain Sunil Gavaskar, The Hindu Publishing Group chairman N. Ram, former India hockey captain M.M. Somaya, Olympian shooter Anjali Bhagwat and Olympian long-jumper Anju Bobby George selected the deserving winners in categories involving young athletes, teams, coaches and parathletes.
The Sportstar Aces Awards, supported by Supreme Committee of Delivery and Legacy, in association with MRF, are an effort to highlight the untold stories of struggle, fierce dedication and selfless work behind an athlete’s ascension, irrespective of the popularity of the sport.
The awards look to create a medium of knowledge and vision exchange as it brings all stakeholders of Indian sports under one roof.
- IND vs ENG, 4th Test: Bashir’s exploits, under Nostradamus Stokes, leave India in tatters
- Musheer Khan hits maiden double-century for Mumbai in Ranji Trophy quarterfinal against Baroda
- Ranji Trophy 2023-24 quarterfinals: Anubhav, Kartikeya hand Madhya Pradesh first-innings lead against Andhra on Day 2
- Ranji Trophy 2023-24 quarterfinals: Musheer Khan’s double-century puts Mumbai in strong position on Day 2
- Ranji Trophy 2023-24 quarterfinals: Indrajith steps up again as Tamil Nadu asserts control over Saurashtra on Day 2