India’s Anant Jeet Singh won silver in men’s shotgun skeet event at the Asian Games 2023 on Wednesday.
Abdullah Al-Rashidi of Kuwait clinched gold with a perfect score of 60 equalling the World Record set by India’s Angad Vir Singh in 2018.
Anant, on the other hand, shot 56 targets out of 60. This is India’s 11th medal in shooting and has bettered the previous edition medal tally in shooting.
ASIAN GAMES | SEPTEMBER 27 LIVE UPDATES
Earlier in the day, Indian men’s shotgun skeet team bagged bronze with a score of 355. Anant along with Angad Vir Singh and Gurjoat Siingh were placed below China and Qatar, who won gold and silver, respectively.
More to follow...
- UFC to hold first event in China since pandemic
- NBA fines 76ers’ Joel Embiid $35,000 for obscene gesture
- Leipzig’s German Cup title defence ends in 1-0 loss at Wolfsburg
- Saudi’s Al-Dawsari and Australia’s Kerr named AFC players of the year
- Women’s Nations League 2023: Spain defender Paredes misses 100th game because of computer glitch