Kiran Baliyan brought home India’s first Asian Games 2023 athletics medal, winning a bronze in women’s shot put at the Hangzhou Olympic Sports Centre Stadium.
Her third attempt, which landed 17.36m away from the throwing mark, won her third place.
Gong Lijiao led a China one-two with a 19.58m throw. Her compatriot, Song Jiayuan, registered 18.92.
India’s other participant Manpreet Kaur finished fifth with a 16.25m throw.
Chinese Taipei’s Jian Chen-Xin may have just missed out on a medal with a fourth-place finish, but she would be happy to have registered her personal best throw of 16.61.
- ENG vs AUS Live score, ICC World Cup 2023: Toss at 1:30 pm; Dream 11 fantasy team; Predicted playing XI; Live streaming info
- PAK vs NZ: Williamson becomes highest run-getter for New Zealand in ICC ODI World Cup history
- NZ vs PAK Live Score, World Cup 2023: New Zealand 218/1 (30); Ravindra nears hundred after Williamson hits fifty
- India vs South Korea, Women’s Asian Champions Trophy 2023 semifinal: LIVE streaming info, when and where to watch
- ENG vs AUS, ICC World Cup: Australia sweats over the absence of momentum man Maxwell before England clash