India’s Preeti clinched bronze in boxing at the ongoing Asian Games after suffering a defeat against China’s Yuan Chang in the women’s 54kg semifinal in Hangzhou on Tuesday.
Chang advanced into the final via points, winning 5:0 against Preeti.
Chang started off positively, landing constant shots on the Indian and maintained defensive composure to win the first round via split decision. Preeti staged a comeback in the next round, pulling three out of five judges in her favour to force a deciding third round.
Preeti’s bronze solidifies India’s fourth spot in the medal standings. The nation now has 62 medals in total, including 13 gold, 24silver and 25 bronze medals.
More to follow..
- South Africa vs Afghanistan LIVE score, ICC World Cup 2023: Can AFG qualify for semifinals if it beats SA today?
- NBA Roundup: Pacers tops Bucks despite Giannis Antetokounmpo’s 54 points
- New Zealand Test cricketer Henry Nicholls to face ball tampering charge
- World Cup 2023: Business Development Director Sybrand Engelbrecht gets a second chance at cricket
- VIDEO: Tracing Mohammed Shami’s record-breaking ODI World Cup career