- May 05, 2023 22:37Final standings (wind speed in brackets)
1. Pedro Pichardo (POR) - 17.91m (+2.1m/s)
2. Hugues Fabrice Zango (BUR) - 17.81m (+1.5m/s)
3. Andy Diaz Hernandez (CUB) - 17.80m (+2.6m/s)
4. Lazaro Martinez (CUB) - 17.71m (+3.4m/s)
5. Yaming Zhu (CHN) - 16.95m (+2.0m/s)
6. Jah-Nhai Perinchief (BER) - 16.86m (+2.1m/s)
7. Emmanuel Ihemeje (ITA) - 16.85m (+1.8m/s)
8. Donald Scott (USA) - 16.81m (+2.5m/s)
9. Christian Taylor (USA) - 16.53m (+3.1m/s)
10. Eldhose Paul (IND) - 15.84m (+2.2m/s)
11. Almir dos Santos (BRA) - withdrew
- May 05, 2023 22:20Zango finishes second!
Burkina Faso’s Hugues Fabrice saved his best for last. A monster jump of 17.81m (1.5m/s wind speed) takes him above the Cuban and he finishes second.
- May 05, 2023 22:06Final round underway!
It comes down to three men. Pichardo, Diaz Hernandez and Zango.
A 16.04m final jump from Pichardo. Diaz Hernandez fouls. Can Zango steal the show?
- May 05, 2023 21:56Fifth round
Pichardo and Diaz Hernandez once again choose to skip the attempt. Can anyone else catch them?
- May 05, 2023 21:51Fourth round begins
Pichardo and Diaz Hernandez choose to skip this attempt. Lazaro Martinez, another Cuban, and Zango foul while China’s Yaming Zhu and Bermuda’s Jah-Nhai Perinchief fail to improve their previous attempts.
- May 05, 2023 21:46Paul’s Diamond League debut ends
Eldhose Paul’s Diamond League debut ends with a 10th-place finish and a best jump of 15.84m. The top-eight get three more attempts.
- May 05, 2023 21:39Paul registers third jump
Another disappointing effort from the Indian - 14.70m (2.2m/s wind speed). Paul stays at the bottom of the table.
- May 05, 2023 21:38Pichardo fouls
Pichardo fouls on his third jump but still stays at the top of the table as no one else manages to come close. Burkina Faso’s Hugues Fabrice Zango registers his best effort so far - 17.78m (1.8m/s wind speed).
- May 05, 2023 21:28Second jump for Paul
The Indian fails to improve his first jump as he registers 13.65m (wind speed - 2.2m/s) this time.
- May 05, 2023 21:23Pichardo with another big jump!
Pichardo registers a jump of 17.91m in the second round. However, it is a wind-assisted one (2.1m/s). Cuba’s Andy Diaz Hernandez comes close with an effort of 17.80m (wind speed - 2.6m/s)
- May 05, 2023 21:17Paul registers his first jump
Eldhose Paul, on his Diamond League debut, begins with a wind-assisted (2.2m/s) opening jump of 15.84m. He is eighth after first round.
- May 05, 2023 21:08Pichardo sets the early benchmark!
Reigning World and Olympic champion Pedro Pichardo of Portugal registers the first jump of the event and it is a big one - 17.65m, a new world-leading effort.
- May 05, 2023 21:00Time for live action
The men’s triple jump event is about to begin.
- May 05, 2023 20:51Eldhose Paul’s 2023 season
Paul has participated at two competitions this season -
The Indian Open Jumps event in Bellary where he finished second with an effort of 16.61m and Indian Grand Prix-2 in Thiruvananthapuram where he grabbed gold with 16.27m
- May 05, 2023 20:31National Record in men’s triple jump
Renjith Maheswary holds the national record in men’s the triple jump, with an effort of 17.30m, achieved at the third Indian Grand Prix in Bengaluru in 2016.
- May 05, 2023 20:26Personal Best for Paul
Paul has a personal best of 16.99m achieved at the 2022 National Federation Cup in Thenhipalam. He won his gold at the 2022 Commonwealth Games in Birmingham with a wind-assisted effort of 17.03m
- May 05, 2023 20:15When does the men’s triple jump event begin?
The men’s triple jump competition begins at 9:02PM IST. It will be broadcast on Sports18 and live streamed on Jio Cinema app/website .
- May 05, 2023 20:12PREVIEW
Eldhose Paul, reigning Commonwealth Games champion in men’s triple jump, makes his Diamond League debut in Doha tonight.
Paul won the gold at the Commonwealth Games in Birmingham last year with a jump of 17.03m.
The field also features reigning Olympic and world champion Pedro Pichardo of Portugal and Italy’s Emmanuel Ihemeje, who is the world leader this season with 17.29m
Cuba’s Andy Diaz Hernandez and Lazaro Martinez, Brazil’s Almir Dos Santos, Bermuda’s Jah-Nhai Perinchief, USA’s Donald Scott and Christian Taylor, Burkina Faso’s Hugues Fabrice Zango and China’s Zhu Yaming are the other athletes in men’s triple jump event in the Qatari capital.
- Naomi Osaka set to make her tennis return at the Brisbane International
- Billie Jean King Cup: US tops defending champion Switzerland; Canada advances
- How can Afghanistan qualify for the semifinal of ODI World Cup 2023?
- Atletico Madrid extends contract of coach Diego Simeone to 2027
- New Zealand test cricketer Henry Nicholls to face ball tampering charge