Saina Nehwal, the 2012 London Olympics bronze medallist and 2015 Worlds silver medallist, has recommended badminton doubles star Aparna Balan for the Arjuna Award.
Aparna won a team silver in the 2010 New Delhi Commonwealth Games and a bronze in the Uber Cup, virtually the World team championship for women in 2014 also in New Delhi.
Being a Padma Bhushan and Khel Ratna award winner, Saina had the right to nominate a player for the Arjuna award.
- Ranji Trophy Plate Final: Biswa century not enough as Hyderabad nears title
- Mathews gives Sri Lanka unassailable 2-0 lead over Afghanistan in T20 series
- Traore, Diatta banned following Africa Cup of Nations outbursts
- Maha Open Challenger: Poonacha, Mukund advance to second round
- Oliver Glasner named as new Crystal Palace boss: club