Prashanth Reddy, the owner of Premier Badminton League champion team Bengaluru Raptors, stated that efforts will be made to host the home leg of next edition’s matches in Bengaluru.
This year, matches that were scheduled to be held in Bengaluru were shifted to Hyderabad due to the unavailability of the Sree Kanteerava Stadium.
“We don't have any support from the State government. If they don't support badminton in a city like Bengaluru, it’s a shame. At one point, we were thinking of changing the name and moving to a second-tier city like Mysuru. We're going to try to host it in Bengaluru next year. If it doesn't work, we might have to make a serious decision,” Prashanth said, at a felicitation function for the team at Karnataka Badminton Association here on Friday.
- Al Nassr vs Persepolis LIVE Score, NAS 0-0 PER, AFC Champions League 2023-24: Ronaldo’s 10 man team keeps it all square, second half underway
- ISL 2023-24: Super sub Victor Rodriguez brings three points home for FC Goa against Jamshedpur FC as it goes on top of the table
- Mohun Bagan Super Giant vs Odisha FC Highlights, AFC Cup: MBSG 2-5 OFC, Juggernauts beat Mariners to stay second
- Prannoy, Lakshya withdraw from Syed Modi International 2023
- Hockey Nationals 2023: Defending champions Haryana to face Punjab in the final